COVID-19: Lessons Learned and Moving Forward
This complimentary enduring activity is provided by Viticus Group.
Date of Original Presentation: Adapted from a seminar originally held July 15, 2021.
Online Launch Date: August 30, 2021
Expiration Date: August 30, 2022
Viticus Group is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This enduring CME course is a comprehensive didactic program with experts discussing their experience, knowledge, and latest updates on the novel coronavirus, including diagnosis, treatment, prevention, resource management, vaccines, long-term complications, and our roadmap for moving forward.
- Identify current best practices for the management of COVID-19, including resource allocation, protection of healthcare workers, vaccines, and long-term effects.
- Explain the application of tools and strategies for the cardio-pulmonary management of severe COVID-19 infection.
The primary target audience are physicians involved in the diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19 patients.
Credit Designation Statement
Viticus Group designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 2.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Instructions to Receive Certificate of Credit:
Learners are required to answer a set of learner assessment questions following the educational content and will have up to three attempts to answer questions correctly. Once the activity assessment has been passed (70% or higher), learners will be asked to evaluate the activity electronically. Please plan 2.75 hours to complete this enduring activity. Please email [email protected] if a Certificate of Credit is desired.
Disclosure Policy Statement
Viticus Group adheres to the policies and guidelines, including the Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited CE, set forth to providers by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and all other professional organizations, as applicable, stating those activities where continuing education credits are awarded must be balanced, independent, objective, and scientifically rigorous. All persons in a position to control the content of an accredited continuing education program provided by Viticus Group are required to disclose all financial relationships with any ineligible company within the past 24-months to Viticus Group. All financial relationships reported are reviewed to identify relevance and then mitigated by Viticus Group in accordance with the Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited CE in advance of delivery of the activity to learners. The content of this activity was vetted by the Viticus Group to assure objectivity and that the activity is free of commercial bias. All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated by Viticus Group.
The planners, managers, and content reviewers have no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
- Shawn Tsuda, MD, FACS – Course Director, Content Reviewer, and Viticus Group Board Member
- Aubrey Arreola, CMP, HMCC – Planner – Viticus Group Chief Operating Officer
- Shawna Clawson, OTR/L, HMCC – Planner – Viticus Group Director of Human Health Program
- Taylor Webb – Planner – Viticus Group Human Health Administrative Assistant
- Paula Deal – Planner – Viticus Group Operations Executive Assistant
- Lindsay Scott, PT, DPT, ATC – Clinical Content Reviewer – AOE Consulting
The faculty, authors, and content developers reported the following relevant financial relationships that they have with ineligible companies:
- Kamran Khan, MD - has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
- Fredrick Lippmann, MD - has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies to disclose.
- Arjun Gururaj, MD has disclosed the following relevant financial relationships:
- Consulting fee (Advisory board) – Acutus
- Honoraria – Biotronik, Acutus, Abbott
- Speaker’s Bureau – CVRx, Abbott
- Stock shareholder - Acutus
Kamran Khan, MD – A board-certified pulmonologist with 13 years of experience in private pulmonary practice.
Arjun Gururaj, MD – Board-certified in cardiology and cardiac electrophysiology with special interests in complex ablation therapy and implantable defibrillator therapy for heart failure.
Fredrick Lippmann, MD – An experienced physician of 29 years and the Chief of Staff of University Medical Center of Southern Nevada.
StartVideo Presentation - Scroll down to view the 9 videos. When finished with the last video, click the "Complete and Continue" link at the top of the screen. (157:27)
StartPowerPoint Presentation - Use the "Complete and Continue" link at the top of the screen to continue.
StartPresentation Notes (PDF) - Use the "Complete and Continue" link at the top of the screen to continue.
StartCourse Quiz - Once you have completed the quiz, use the "Complete and Continue" link at the top of the screen to continue.
StartCourse Survey - After completing the survey click the "Complete and Continue" link at the top of the screen. Email [email protected] to request your certificate.